Re: Sequence bug

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: "PgAdmin Hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Sequence bug
Date: 2004-10-21 13:39:35
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hmm, it works OK (thanks), but not as you would expect. With setval's
third arg = false, you can set the sequence value to 1, which is
displayed as expected as the 'Current Value', but then a 'SELECT
nextval()' also returns 1 which is not what you would expect (especially
if you are not the same user, or you forgot what you did earlier). Maybe
it's better not to try to allow resetting to 0 with 7,3?

Regards, Dave.