Re: Cannot connect to postgresql 7.4.2

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Virgil Frum" <virgil(at)netappi(dot)com>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cannot connect to postgresql 7.4.2
Date: 2004-10-11 15:31:54
Lists: pgadmin-support

Glad it's working. I should point out that it's possible we may see
another breakage here before long. I discovered that the exports from
VC++/Borland and Mingw builds of libpq.dll don't match. Magnus Hagander
has been playing with the Mingw build to make it share a .def file with
VC++ which appears to be working, but following discussion with Tom
Lane, he is currently reviewing the exported API to figure out exactly
what is and what isn't needed. Oh, and just to put the icing on the
cake, the default, non-ssl build has an intentionally different API from
the ssl build that we use (and ssl symbols are not exported at all by
the VC++/Borland DLLs, even if built with SSL support!).

Anyway, once that little lot has been sorted out, I'll post an updated
libpq.[lib|dll].

Regards, Dave.