Re: Meaning of Schedule and Step

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Troels Arvin" <troels(at)arvin(dot)dk>, <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Meaning of Schedule and Step
Date: 2004-10-01 23:10:35
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

Schedule means calendar or clock against which something runs - for
example, a schedule might be 'every Friday at 10AM'.

Step (assuming this is coming from part of pgAgent) refers to a single
part of a job: for example:

Job 1
=====
Step 1: DELETE FROM TABLE WHERE ID > 1000;
Step 2: VACUUM ANALYZE;
Step 3: CREATE INDEX...

Regards, Dave.