Re: Non-Proprietary ODBC Examples on Win32?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Randy Yates" <yates(at)ieee(dot)org>, "Greg Campbell" <greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Non-Proprietary ODBC Examples on Win32?
Date: 2004-09-28 19:35:54
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Yes, but theres no need. There is no non-Microsoft DM (that I've ever
come across) because the one they provide is on virtually every version
of Windows and works just fine. All you need to do is make appropriate
calls to odbc32.dll or whatever the equivalent library is on your unix
boxes. You can either use the ODBC API directly from your own code, or
look for some cross platform ODBC wrapper classes (you might want to
look at http://www.wxWidgets.org for a complete cross platform API,
including ODBC support - we use it for pgAdmin for example).

Regards, Dave.