Re: bug in cvs of PGadmin 3

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <tony(dot)caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bug in cvs of PGadmin 3
Date: 2004-09-09 07:41:50
Lists: pgadmin-support

Property windows and the help window stay on top of the main pgAdmin Window, but not any other apps.

The password and options dialogues do appear to be full 'stay on top' windows which will cover anything (I'll look at that).

Other windows like the edit grid and query tool can go anywhere in the zorder.

> Also  the forms should spawn screen center or parent center,
> then the user can decide if it should be maximized or
> manually resized.

I just cleared my registry settings to be sure, and the code behaves as it should. Windows first display center-on-parent (with the exception of the Add Database dialogue which seems to be center on screen for some reason).

However, following that, the dialogue positions (and sizes) are stored in the registry so that dialogues will reopen at the position you last used then in.

> I am not trying to be a pain in the rear, but I have been
> developing windows apps using Delphi for years and I have
> never seen a app exhibit this weird windows placement behavior.

With the exception of the 2 stay-on-tops and one center on screen, I don't see anything weird about it.

> Please please fix this as it is a huge PITA.
>
> Of course I could fix it myself, but then I would have to
> redo it everytime a new version comes out.

This is open source - if you fix something yourself, send a patch and we'll apply it if it is appropriate :-)

Regards, Dave