Re: [pgadmin-support] Schemas causing problems :(

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: "Vitaly Belman" <vitalyb(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Schemas causing problems :(
Date: 2004-07-27 12:34:54
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Yup. So where are we with this? I'm thinking that for any object, we
check each schema in the search path in turn (and then pg_catalog if
it's not explicitly included) for an object of the same type with the
same name (noting that sequences, tables and indexes are all effecitvely
the same object type in this situation). If we get to the parent schema
without first finding another matching object in a previous schema, then
and only then do we suppress the schema name.

How does that sound?

Regards, Dave.