Re: Adding column comment to information_schema.columns

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Justin Clift" <jc(at)telstra(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Adding column comment to information_schema.columns
Date: 2004-07-01 07:30:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

If you write code to use it, then by definition you are writing code
that is PostgreSQL specific and therefore not standard. If someone then
writes their code to PostgreSQLs implementation of the
information_schema, wanting reasonably portable code, but not realising
we've extended the standard then they could be in for surprise when they
come to run their code on another platform.

Ugh, just read that back - I need coffee....

I say keep it standard.

Regards Dave