Re: [pgsql-advocacy] win32 binary downloads

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, "pgsql-hackers-win32" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] win32 binary downloads
Date: 2004-06-25 15:21:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Personnally I don't like such things - consider SQL Server as an example
- there's a perfectly good Services control panel applet, yet it insists
on running a tray applet to allow quick and easy (accidental?) shutdown
of the server. In production this is virtually never used and simply
wastes resources. If anyone really wants such an program though, Mark @
mohawksoft wrote one some time back iirc. Dunno how well it works with
the current port.

That said, I have been meaning to add stop/start & HUP options to
pgAdmin for local installs, and hope to do so before release.

> Also, a GUI configuration helper would be *really* nice.

Yup.

Regards, Dave.