Hi Mike, George,
I've been looking some more at this bug you are both experiencing. From
what I recall, George is seeing it in the Query Tool, whilst Mike is
seeing it in the Edit Grid. I've seen another report for each from
Ezequias and Harald.
Both tools share two important pieces of code:
1) ctlSqlGrid is our custom control that is based on wxGrid and is used
to display the results. This code is primarily used to size rows/columns
and extract data (ie. When exporting). Most of the real work is done by
wxGrid which we've used since 1.0.
2) pgQueryThread. This is a class that is used to run a query
asynchronously. It is this class that I fixed a couple of bugs in for
beta 3 that had demonstrably caused crashes for me.
I suspect that the problem that remains is an issue in the wxWidgets
code as pgQueryThread is fairly simple and there is little else to go
wrong in it that I can spot. I did find a seemingly unrelated threading
bug in wx right before beta 3 which I was forced to workaround, however
I found today that wxWidgets 2.7.1 has been released, in which that bug
appears to have been fixed.
So, before I go insane trying to track this down further, may I send you
both an updated .exe built against wx2.7.1, in the hope that we've
actually been seeing just one bug that's manifested itself in different
pgadmin-hackers by date
|Next:||From: svn||Date: 2006-10-14 19:26:11|
|Subject: SVN Commit by dpage: r5490 - in trunk/pgadmin3/src: ctl dlg include|
|Previous:||From: svn||Date: 2006-10-14 17:52:15|
|Subject: SVN Commit by dpage: r5489 - in trunk/pgadmin3/src: include main|