developer.pgadmin.org/nagios.pgadmin.org - Disk failure

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "PostgreSQL WWW" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>, "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, "Mark Yeatman" <myeatman(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: developer.pgadmin.org/nagios.pgadmin.org - Disk failure
Date: 2006-05-12 21:47:52
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgsql-www

The machine hosting the developer.pgadmin.org and nagios.pgadmin.org
vservers is currently having serious filesystem problems, which are
causing disk intensive operations (like rsync, tar) to segfault for
currently unknown reasons. If you commit to the pgAdmin SVN, please hold
off for a while, or if you are working on other projects on the machine,
please don't for now!

If anyone has any idea what might cause ReiserFS to die horribly like
this, whilst the RAID1 disks don't so much as squeak in the wrong way,
I'd love to hear it!!

Anyhoo, I have backups, and a replacement machine sitting in the wings
so I should be able to get things sorted early next week.

Regards, Dave