Re: Mac version can't dump/restore

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "John DeSoi" <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Mac version can't dump/restore
Date: 2006-03-20 14:54:03
Lists: pgadmin-support

We already did basically what you suggested as part of the install
process when building an appbundle - the problem was that the script
that locates and copies in the libraries was failing due to the xargs
bug. The error message simply went unnoticed in the other reams of
output that make install spews out, and because I normally statically
link wx, it only affected people who didn't have a local install of
PostgreSQL which is presumably fairly rare. Of course, that begs the
question, why isn't PostgreSQL being statically linked as well, but
that's a whole other issue.

The script is at
http://svn.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/pgadmin3/pkg/mac/comple
te-bundle.sh?rev=5055&view=markup if you want a peek.

Regards, Dave.