Re: Patch: Query favourites

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch: Query favourites
Date: 2006-01-31 12:05:51
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

OK, I'll give it a go if I get 5 minutes.

> So yeah, that can definitly be done without an unreasonable amount of
> work. If that means that the feature will "live", I'm fine
> with looking
> at that. But I'd like to know that first. (Implementation
> details aside
> of course, there can still be more of those to fix - the feature in
> principle, and the general idea of storing the data in a file in the
> users homedir etc)

I like the idea, and agree with storing the data in the user's home
directory. The data is definitely going to be too large to store
sensibly in the registry or an ini file, and storing in the master
database restricts you to a single server which, like you, would not
help me much.

Regards, Dave.