Re: Upgrading: So now you tell me!!?!?

From: "David Olbersen" <DOlbersen(at)stbernard(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Upgrading: So now you tell me!!?!?
Date: 2003-03-27 18:30:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hacksaw,

I feel your pain but can't share your experience.

The FreeBSD port of PostgreSQL says in nice big (err, monospaced) letters:

YOU SHOULD BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE PROCEEDING!

I'm pretty sure the normal (compile, install) instructions will let you know to back things up.

Yet another example of why RPMs are evil?

David Olbersen
iGuard Engineer
11415 West Bernardo Court
San Diego, CA 92127