Problems with \copy

From: Klaudia Walter <kw243(at)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems with \copy
Date: 2002-04-25 13:39:39
Lists: pgsql-novice

Dear all,

I am having problems loading files with \copy. It seems that there are
problems with the newline character. I am working on Mac OS X 10.1.2.
and I am trying to load a file into postgresql that has been saved as a
tab delimited text file using excel. I tried already reading the file
via a Java program and writing it into a new file in order to be able to
write \n, \r and System.getProperty("line.separator") at the end of each
line. However, the error message is still

CopyReadNewline: extra fields ignored

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
Klaudia