good effective_io_concurrency for FusionIO drives?

From: Richard Yen <dba(at)richyen(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: good effective_io_concurrency for FusionIO drives?
Date: 2010-03-25 22:19:34
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello,

Wondering what's a good value for effective_io_concurrency when dealing with FusionIO drives...anyone have any experience with this?

I know that SSDs vary from 10 channels to 30, and that 1 SSD about as fast as a 4-drive RAID, but I can't seem to settle on a good value to use for effective_io_concurrency. Has anyone done any performance testing/metrics with the value? Any recommendations or thoughts?

--Richard