RE: what is with this #deleted thing?

From: "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Rony Khoury'" <rkrk(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: what is with this #deleted thing?
Date: 2001-05-17 09:23:28
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,
I believe its to do with the row being modified after insertion.
What seems to happen is that it inserts the row then tries to fetch it back
using the primary key, oid which was NULL at insert time, obviously this
changes though. I then tries to select the row based on the only none NULL
thing it knows about it, try_text in this case. Since this is repeated it
gets more than one row back and gets confused (the #DELETED). Access 2K
seems much better at dealing with this and you're table works fine for me
(Access 2K doesn't seem quite so smart on one of my tables however as it
returns a duplicate of the first row rather than the correct row (maybe
because I have a text field which is intepreted as memo by default)).
Also there can be problems with Access reporting that someone else
has altered you're data. Enabling Row versioning seems to help this. If you
do use row versioning then you will also need to have this in the backend:
<<xid2i4.sql>>
I believe there are Docs/FAQs on http://techdocs.postgresql.org
- Stuart