March Meeting Recap

From: "Roth, Gabrielle" <gabrielle(dot)roth(at)xo(dot)com>
To: <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: March Meeting Recap
Date: 2007-03-21 17:10:33
Lists: pdxpug

March meeting:

Attendees: Mark, Tom, and yours truly.

Nobody had anything for the gripe session this month.

This month's featured EXPLAIN operator was APPEND, used in UNION queries
and where the table is part of an inheritance heirarchy, which was
supposed to be Randal's cue.

Next we took a look at Tom's pg_hba.conf, since he's been having some
remote connectivity problems. We talked about what the different fields
mean & made some corrections. Both Mark & Tom politely refused my offer
to explain netmasks.

--

Upcoming events:
PGCon2007: http://www.postgresql.org/about/event.457 (Anybody have a

Postgres party before OSCON - see Mark's email this morning.

--

Next month's meeting is April 17.
Ringleader:

Opener:
Tom Keller will EXPLAIN something of his choosing.

Main presentation:
Ian Burrell of Rentrack will tell us about large database replication
with Slony! We're really excited about this talk & are hoping for a big
turnout. Bring your friends & neighbors!

-gabrielle-