BUG #7537: Server will not start up from Windows Service Manager

From: dfisupport(at)docfocus(dot)ca
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #7537: Server will not start up from Windows Service Manager
Date: 2012-09-13 22:50:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 7537
Logged by: Owen Sleep
Email address: dfisupport(at)docfocus(dot)ca
PostgreSQL version: 9.0.8
Operating system: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2

PostgreSQL service was running successfully for a month now. Restarted the
machine and then the service will not start up from the service manager.

I get the message "Timed out waiting for server startup" in the Windows
event log. There is no log in the pg_log folder so unfortunately I have no
starting point for troubleshooting.

I have checked the permissions on the folders and the postgres user has no
restrictions whatsoever with access to all data and postgresql folders.

Any other questions, feel free to email.