pgsql: Don't bother copying empty support arrays in a zero-column Merge

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Don't bother copying empty support arrays in a zero-column Merge
Date: 2012-04-09 15:42:04
Lists: pgsql-committers

Don't bother copying empty support arrays in a zero-column MergeJoin.

The case could not arise when this code was originally written, but it can
now (since we made zero-column MergeJoins work for the benefit of FULL JOIN
ON TRUE). I don't think there is any actual bug here, but we might as well
treat it consistently with other uses of COPY_POINTER_FIELD(). Per comment
from Ashutosh Bapat.

Branch
------
master