Re: regression failure on latest CVS

From: Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: ohp(at)pyrenet(dot)fr, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, 'pgsql-hackers list' <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: regression failure on latest CVS
Date: 2005-07-27 13:36:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Jul 27 2005, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> ohp(at)pyrenet(dot)fr wrote:
>
> >In the meantime would'nt it be nice to try to understand what happens and
> >correct it?
> >
> >I'm a bit afraid that 8.1 is not used on unixware because people don't
> >have/want the patch installed.
> >

> All the evidence is that this is a compiler bug. The apparent workaround
> for now would be to compile with optimisation turned off. Or use another
> compiler - gcc is available isn't it?

Yes. Lets see what the SCO guys come up with. gcc is available as well.
(ancient version, but that's another story).

The SCO guys have, in the past, found other ways to fix the code as well, so
let's give them a few days.

I do know they are working it (I'm getting questions back and forth about
getting their systems up to snuf to compile it :) )

LER

--
Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
Phone: +1 972-414-9812 E-Mail: ler(at)lerctr(dot)org