Re: ODBC Driver stability

From: "Markus Donath" <donath(at)netapps(dot)de>
To: "Gary Doades" <gpd(at)gpdnet(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC Driver stability
Date: 2004-11-10 09:54:01
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

i have also tested several PGSQL ODBC driver versions with Windows 2000, IIS
(the Windows webserver) and ASP.
Version 7.3.2.0 runs best in a multithreaded environment, but it is still
not 100% stable.
The webserver sometimes hangs (depends on the load) so that the process
needs to be killed.
All in all, the Postgres ODBC driver does not fit our needs for stability,
and as the posts in this newsgroup show, there is no development going on.
To me, it looks like no one here uses the ODBC-driver for server
applications with windows.
Our conclusion is that Postgres is not usable with ODBC on windows, and no
stable driver will be available soon. We are going to switch a different
database. To bad, as the database itself runs fast and stable.

bye bye postgres !

http://home.arcor.de/mkdna/