authtype parameter in libpq

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: authtype parameter in libpq
Date: 2021-02-26 20:02:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

When looking at disallowing SSL compression I found the parameter "authtype"
which was deprecated in commit d5bbe2aca55bc8 on January 26 1998. While I do
think there is a case to be made for the backwards compatibility having run its
course on this one, shouldn't we at least remove the environment variable and
default compiled fallback for it to save us a getenv call when filling in the
option defaults?

--
Daniel Gustafsson https://vmware.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Remove-defaults-from-authtype-parameter.patch application/octet-stream 1.4 KB