Postgres not finding tables

From: James Hall <James(dot)Hall(at)RadioShack(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres not finding tables
Date: 2000-10-30 15:54:30
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello All,

I have 2 identical machines running redhat 5.2 and postgres 6.5.
One machine is a replica of the other (backup).

Recently I noticed that postgres gives the error:
"Couldn't find any tables, sequences or indices!"

whenever I tried '\d' or '\d*' on one of the machines.
BUT the database DOES contain tables because I can execute 'select * from
testtable;' and postgres will display the table info.

The tables are there, but for some reason postgres can't see them correctly.

Has anyone seen this before, if so any help is greatly appreciated!

TIA-
Jim