copying pg_user?

From: James Hall <James(dot)Hall(at)RadioShack(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: copying pg_user?
Date: 2000-08-01 20:51:07
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

I have 2 PostgreSQL databases that [I thought] were identical. Today I
noticed that the query "select * from pg_user;" results in different results
from each database.

My question is what is the easiest/best/safest way to copy the pg_user file
from db to another? Can I simply copy the pg_user file from one db to the
other and restart the db, or should I use pg_dump on pg_user and import like
that?

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!
TIA
-Jim