RE: running pgsql 7 under Jail'ed virtual machine on FreeBSD 4.2

From: "Dave VanAuken" <dave(at)hawk-systems(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: running pgsql 7 under Jail'ed virtual machine on FreeBSD 4.2
Date: 2001-01-05 20:08:57
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Knew about #1... and I'm not holding my breath for change gicing where
the development on that angle is heading.

In the installation directory for the jail i don't have the /storage
directory, or for that matter the ipc.h file anywhere in the pgsql
tree (both in the jail and host installations). The version installed
was 7.0.2

What about hacking supplimentary installations and hardcoding new
offsets for each subsequent installation of pgsql (can't even look
into that until i detemine where the ipc.h code now exists).

Appreciate the input... the best description so far from the pgsql
pov regarding the situation... have been working almost entirely from
the fbsd pov up until not and running out of options. May be a wash
for using pgsql in this situation.

Dave