What is the difference between SET OF and TABLE? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: "Pilling, Michael" <Michael(dot)Pilling(at)dsto(dot)defence(dot)gov(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: What is the difference between SET OF and TABLE? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date: 2011-02-11 05:04:05
Lists: pgsql-novice

Particularly as a return type for plpgsql?

In particular, are they synonyms?

I'm wondering if anyone can clarify this for me, I did read the standard documentation.

Regards,
Michael

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Department of Defence and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914. If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.