Re: solaris 10 with gcc 3.3.2

From: "Belbin, Peter" <PBelbin(at)McLeodUSA(dot)com>
To: 'Tom Lane' <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: solaris 10 with gcc 3.3.2
Date: 2004-12-20 14:40:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Tom,

Yeah, I've already fired off a query about this gcc build to the source.

In my case, I downloaded it from www.sunfreeware.com, and, for good measure,
I also tried gcc 3.4.2 for solaris 9, on a solaris 10 box, and, indeed, it
looks like the same problem is there.

So, it's entirely possible that the build they've got listed for 10 was
either built on a version of solaris 10 which was earlier than what I'm
using (b69), or, it could have been built on a solaris 9 box.

Either way, I'm asking about it, because it does seem, to me, to be a gcc
problem.

I could try building gcc myself, but, that won't fix the problem with the
version on the sunfreeware site, which a lot of people rely on, I expect.

Regards,
Peter.