Re: Add header support to text format and matching feature

From: Rémi Lapeyre <remi(dot)lapeyre(at)lenstra(dot)fr>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, Daniel Verite <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add header support to text format and matching feature
Date: 2020-10-03 21:42:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I would agree that this is a bug because we are failing to detect
> what's actually a redundant option here as the first option still
> causes the flag to be set to false, but that's not something worth a
> back-patch IMO. What we are looking here is something similar
> to what is done with "format", where we track if the option has been
> specified with format_specified. The same is actually true with the
> "freeze" option here, and it is true that we tend to prefer error-ing
> in such cases while there are exceptions like EXPLAIN. I think that
> it would be nicer to be at least consistent with the behavior that
> each command has chosen, and COPY is now a mixed bag.

Here’s a new version of the patches that report an error when the options are set multiple time.

Regards,
Rémi

Attachment Content-Type Size
v5-0001-Add-header-support-to-COPY-TO-text-format.patch application/octet-stream 7.0 KB
v5-0002-Add-header-matching-mode-to-COPY-FROM.patch application/octet-stream 13.3 KB
v5-0003-Report-an-error-when-options-are-set-multiple-tim.patch application/octet-stream 4.4 KB