Re: BUG #2083: initdb fails with: child process was terminated by signal 11

From: "Weiss, Wilfried" <Wilfried(dot)Weiss(at)PILKINGTON(dot)de>
To: "Seneca Cunningham" <scunning(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #2083: initdb fails with: child process was terminated by signal 11
Date: 2005-12-02 07:53:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Senenca,

I think that I do not need readline, so I will try to recompile --without-readline.
The server is running AIX 5.1 ML 2. Before I recompile I will apply ML 7, thought I already did it.
As this is an old F40 I cannot upgrade to AIX 5.2 or above, so I have to stay on 5.1.

I think there must have been a major change from 8.0.3 to 8.0.4 as I did not notice any problem on 8.0.3.

Thank you for the quick help.
I will tell you whether it worked.

Regards
Wilfried Weiss