Re: problem ODBC

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "frank_lupo" <frank_lupo(at)email(dot)it>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: problem ODBC
Date: 2002-07-25 09:29:38
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Ahh yes. I would expect that to happen. VB tries to interpret the dates
rather than handle them as text strings. The most reliable way of doing
this is to use ISO format - other formats may not be recognised by VB. I
always suggest people use ISO formatted dates on the server and to let
the client application reformat them to the local style as required.
E.g.

Text1.Text = Format(rs!datefield, "Long Date")

Regards, Dave.