Re: MSI Installer problem

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Jason Stewart" <jstewart(at)rtl(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: MSI Installer problem
Date: 2002-07-26 14:41:11
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I wouldn't immediately expect a hardware problem, though that is one
possibility (the error you're getting is often attributed to bad CD's
with MS Office for example - though never psqlODBC to my knowledge).

The other common cause seems to be a pre-exsiting installation. Try
uninstalling if the is an entry in Add/Remove programs, or if not, (and
only if you know what your doing) you could try using msizap to dorp any
old, dead entries from the MSI database.

Failing that, if you just want to get psqlODBC running, download the dll
version, copy the dlls to your system32 (or system on 95/98/ME) folder
and install by double clicking each of the .reg files in the archive.

Regards, Dave.