Re: int8 becames string in BDE :-(

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "SZ?CS Gabor" <surrano(at)mailbox(dot)hu>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: int8 becames string in BDE :-(
Date: 2002-06-04 16:00:30
Lists: pgsql-odbc

What's wrong with int4? I don't recall hearing of any problems with them
in the last 5 years or so. If this request is to make your life easier
on your current project rather than fix an actual bug, then I would
strongly object to adding such a hack to the driver and would suggest
that you take a copy of the source and look into hacking it yourself.
The code in question is in pgtypes.c - the int8 hacks have the comment
/* Change this to SQL_BIGINT for ODBC v3 bjm 2001-01-23 */ above them
for reference.

Regards, Dave.