Re: Unable to Delete a Row

From: "Kevin Crenshaw" <kcrenshaw(at)tiewireinc(dot)com>
To: <paul(at)entropia(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Unable to Delete a Row
Date: 2005-05-25 16:16:15
Lists: pgsql-novice

Paul,

Thanks for responding. I tried your suggestion and it didn't work.
However, I found that when I removed a trigger from the contacts table,
the deletion completed successfully. Here is the text for the trigger
function:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION tg_remove_contact() RETURNS TRIGGER AS $$
BEGIN
UPDATE synchronization SET db_updated = current_timestamp,
action = 'exch_del'
WHERE OLD.contactid = synchronization.contactid;
RETURN NULL;
END;
$$ LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

CREATE TRIGGER tg_del_contact BEFORE DELETE
ON contacts
FOR EACH ROW
EXECUTE PROCEDURE tg_remove_contact();

Do you know why this trigger would prevent me from deleting a row from
the contacts table?

Thanks!

kevin crenshaw

_____