row description for domain in 7.4

From: John DeSoi <jd(at)icx(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: row description for domain in 7.4
Date: 2003-06-26 01:09:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I created a domain with text as the data_type. When I get the row
description message from the backend for a column using this domain,
the type OID provided is for text (25) rather than the OID of the
domain I created. I could have sworn I tested this in 7.3.x and the OID
was for my domain. 7.4 bug or something I need to work out on my own?

Thanks,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.