Re: TCP/IP access in Postgresql 8 Windows

From: "Bender, Cheryl" <cbender(at)mriresearch(dot)org>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, <WernerBohl(at)infutor(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TCP/IP access in Postgresql 8 Windows
Date: 2004-09-29 16:01:19
Lists: pgsql-admin

<<TCP/IP is enabled by default on Windows. Your problem is somewhere
else>>
This is not bourne out by my experience or the document you referenced.
The document and postgresql.conf both state that the default is
'localhost' and only allows local loopback connections.

For some reason the author of postgresql.conf did not follow the
convention of putting the commented default setting in the conf file
(e.g. listen_addresses='localhost' instead of '*', so I think this leads
a lot of people to think that TCP/IP is enabled by default.

Cheryl Bender