Securing PHP scripts

From: "Cody Phanekham" <Cody(dot)Phanekham(at)salmat(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Securing PHP scripts
Date: 2003-08-19 02:32:37
Lists: pgsql-php

In an attempt to secure the PHP/PostgreSQL server Im working on, I've setup Postgres so that any connection made to the database requires a valid password.

Now to connect to the DB via PHP, I have the password hard coded (which is in clear text).

Here is my question: Is there a way around storing the password in clear text?

----------
Regards

Cody Phanekham

Email: cody(dot)phanekham(at)salmat(dot)com(dot)au
Ext: 2183
Phone: 02 9353 2183

This e-mail, including any attachments to it, may contain confidential and/or personal information.
If you have received this e-mail in error, you must not copy, distribute, or disclose it, use or take any action
based on the information contained within it.

Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail of the error and then delete the original e-mail.

The information contained within this e-mail may be solely the opinion of the sender and may not necessarily
reflect the position, beliefs or opinions of Salmat on any issue.

This email has been swept for the presence of computer viruses known to Salmat's anti-virus systems.

For more information, visit our website at www.salmat.com.au.