|From:||"Jamison, Kirk" <k(dot)jamison(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>|
|To:||'Masahiko Sawada' <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>|
|Cc:||"Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>|
|Subject:||RE: [PATCH] Speedup truncates of relation forks|
|Views:||Raw Message | Whole Thread | Download mbox | Resend email|
Attached is the v2 of the patch. I added the optimization that Sawada-san
suggested for DropRelFileNodeBuffers, although I did not acquire the lock
when comparing the minBlock and target block.
There's actually a comment written in the source code that we could
pre-check buffer tag for forkNum and blockNum, but given that FSM and VM
blocks are small compared to main fork's, the additional benefit of doing so
would be small.
>* We could check forkNum and blockNum as well as the rnode, but the
>* incremental win from doing so seems small.
I personally think it's alright not to include the suggested pre-checking.
If that's the case, we can just follow the patch v1 version.
Comments and reviews from other parts of the patch are also very much welcome.
|Next Message||Kyotaro Horiguchi||2019-06-17 08:31:03||Strange error message in xlog.c|
|Previous Message||Michael Paquier||2019-06-17 07:32:28||Still some references to configure-time WAL segment size option in msvc scripts|