COPY with FORMAT in Postgresql 9.x

From: Humair Mohammed <humairm(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: COPY with FORMAT in Postgresql 9.x
Date: 2010-12-02 21:45:21
Lists: pgsql-sql

Postgres 9.x provies the COPY command with new syntax with a new option called FORMAT
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-copy.html
However when I run the following command:
COPY dQstn FROM 'c:/bcp/postgres/dQstn.csv' WITH FORMAT csv;
I get the following error message:
ERROR: syntax error at or near "FORMAT"
If I use the 8.x syntax without the FORMAT option it works fine.