psqlodbc on hp-ux

From: "Jones, John" <jonesj(at)epbs(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: psqlodbc on hp-ux
Date: 2006-08-30 00:16:23
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I'm trying to install psqlodbc-08.01.0200 on HP-UX 11iv1 but have had
trouble with the configure script.
A prior entry in the mailing list archives (from 10/14/05, titled "Problems
compiling odbc") had a very similar situation with two recommendations:
a) use an explicit --with-unixodbc option with configure, and b) install the
development package for the driver manager.

Following the first suggestion helped but I still have the error message
below. The development package for unixodbc appears to be available only as
an rpm, whereas I would need source code to compile on HP-UX. I've gone
through the same procedure with iodbc instead of unixodbc, with the same
results.

I'd appreciate any suggestions as to how to get around this problem.
Thanks so much,
John Jones

# ./configure --prefix=/opt/psqlODBC --enable-gui=no --sysconfdir=/etc
--with-unixodbc
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for SQLGetPrivateProfileString in -lodbcinst... no
configure: error: unixODBC driver manager not found
#