function returning resultset

From: "William Anthony Lim" <wei(dot)liang(at)eudoramail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: function returning resultset
Date: 2004-03-13 02:47:37
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I'm using PGSQL 7.4.1 and JDBC 75dev client.

I want to ask about PL/PGSQL function returning resultset.
I read in the docs, there are 'setof' and 'refcursor' method,
is there another method to returning resultset?
What advantages and disadvantages for each method?
Which is the best?

Plz explain to me. Thx.

W.A.

Check out the new EudoraMail at