Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Covering + unique indexes.

From: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Covering + unique indexes.
Date: 2017-11-30 18:07:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, Peter!
> 29 нояб. 2017 г., в 8:45, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie> написал(а):
>
> It looks like amcheck needs to be patched -- a simple oversight.
> amcheck is probably calling _bt_compare() without realizing that
> internal pages don't have the extra attributes (just leaf pages,
> although they should also not participate in comparisons in respect of
> included/extra columns). There were changes to amcheck at one point in
> the past. That must have slipped through again. I don't think it's
> that complicated.
>
> BTW, it would probably be a good idea to use the new Github version's
> "heapallindexed" verification [1] for testing this patch. Anastasia
> will need to patch the externally maintained amcheck to do this, but
> it's probably no extra work, because this is already needed for
> contrib/amcheck, and because the heapallindexed check doesn't actually
> care about index structure at all.

Seems like it was not a big deal of patching, I've fixed those bits (see attachment).
I've done only simple tests as for now, but I'm planning to do better testing before next CF.
Thanks for mentioning "heapallindexed", I'll use it too.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

Attachment Content-Type Size
amcheck_include.diff application/octet-stream 1.2 KB