Re: One-shot expanded output in psql using \gx

From: Tobias Bussmann <t(dot)bussmann(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Christoph Berg <christoph(dot)berg(at)credativ(dot)de>, Daniel Verite <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Subject: Re: One-shot expanded output in psql using \gx
Date: 2017-08-15 20:24:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've tested the new \gx against 10beta and current git HEAD. Actually one of my favourite features of PostgreSQL 10! However in my environment it was behaving strangely. After some debugging I found that \gx does not work if you have \set FETCH_COUNT n before. Please find attached a patch that fixes this incl. new regression test.

Best regards,
Tobias

Attachment Content-Type Size
psql_gx_fetch_count_v1.patch application/octet-stream 1.7 KB
unknown_filename text/plain 3 bytes