Two successive tabs in test case are causing syntax error in psql

From: Jingtang Zhang <mrdrivingduck(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Two successive tabs in test case are causing syntax error in psql
Date: 2022-07-08 15:31:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, community.

Recently, when I was developing some function about INSERT ... ON CONFLICT,
I used test cases in `src/test/regress/sql/insert_conflict.sql` to evaluate
my function. When I copy the CREATE TABLE from this case alone, and paste
it to psql, I got a syntax error. As I go through the case carefully, I
found the CREATE TABLE uses two tabs to separate column name and column
type, and this two tabs are regarded as an auto completion instruction by
psql, causing no separation between column name and column type anymore.

It may not be a problem since this case has passed the regression, but
would it be better to use space here to avoid this confusing situation?
Since other part of this case are all using spaces.

Never mind my opinion as a beginner, thanks.

Jingtang Zhang

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Fix-two-tabs-are-regarded-as-auto-completion-in-test.patch application/octet-stream 2.7 KB