Re: WIP: Access method extendability

From: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)bluetreble(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WIP: Access method extendability
Date: 2016-03-30 10:14:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 8:34 PM, Alexander Korotkov <
a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 8:29 PM, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru> wrote:
>
>> I incorporated your changes and did some additional refinements on top of
>>> them
>>> still.
>>>
>>> Attached is delta against v12, that should cause less issues when
>>> merging for
>>> Teodor.
>>>

>> But last version is 13th?
>>
>> BTW, it would be cool to add odcs in VII. Internals chapter, description
>> should be similar to index's interface description, i.e. how to use generic
>> WAL interface.
>

> We already have generic WAL interface description in comments to
> generic_xlog.c. I'm not fan of duplicating things. What about moving
> interface description from comments to docs completely?

I heard no objections. There is revision of patch where generic WAL
interface description was moved to documentation. This description
contains improvements by Petr Jelinek, Alvaro Herrera and Markus Nullmeier
(who sent it to me privately).

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
0002-generic-xlog.14.patch application/octet-stream 26.4 KB