Re: Read access for pg_monitor to pg_replication_origin_status view

From: Martín Marqués <martin(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Read access for pg_monitor to pg_replication_origin_status view
Date: 2020-06-01 18:38:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Took me a bit longer than expected, but here is a new version, now
with the idea of just removing the superuser() check and REVOKEing
execution of the functions from public. At the end I grant permission
to functions and the pg_replication_origin_status view.

I wonder now if I needed to GRANT execution of the functions. A grant
on the view should be enough.

I'll think about it.

El dom., 31 de may. de 2020 a la(s) 12:13, Martín Marqués
(martin(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com) escribió:

> Hi Michael,
>
> > Wouldn't it be just better to remove this hardcoded superuser check
> > and replace it with equivalent ACLs by default? The trick is to make
> > sure that any function calling replorigin_check_prerequisites() has
> > its execution correctly revoked from public. See for example
> > e79350fe.
>
> Looking at that, it seems a better solution. Let me wrap up a new
> patch, likely later today or early tomorrow as it's Sunday ;-)
>
> --
> Martín Marqués http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Martín Marqués http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Access-to-pg_replication_origin_status-view-was-r.patch text/x-patch 4.9 KB