Re: Move bki file pre-processing from initdb to bootstrap

From: Krishnakumar R <kksrcv001(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, "andres(at)anarazel(dot)de" <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Move bki file pre-processing from initdb to bootstrap
Date: 2023-10-17 01:32:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> The version comparison has been moved from initdb to bootstrap. This
> created some compatibility problems with windows tests. For now I kept
> the version check to not have \n added, which worked fine and serves
> the purpose. However hoping to have something better in v3 in addition
> to addressing any other comments.

With help from Thomas, figured out that on windows fopen uses binary
mode in the backend which causes issues with EOL. Please find the
attached patch updated with a fix for this.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Krishnakumar (KK).

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0001-Remove-BKI-file-token-pre-processing-logic-from-i.patch application/octet-stream 16.6 KB