Re: A test for replay of regression tests

From: Anastasia Lubennikova <lubennikovaav(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Re: A test for replay of regression tests
Date: 2021-06-07 23:44:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

вт, 8 июн. 2021 г. в 02:25, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>:

> Ok, here's a new version incorporating feedback so far.
>
> 1. Invoke pg_regress directly (no make).
>
> 2. Use PG_TEST_EXTRA="wal_consistency_checking" as a way to opt in to
> the more expensive test.
>
> 3. Use parallel schedule rather than serial. It's faster but also
> the non-determinism might discover more things. This required
> changing the TAP test max_connections setting from 10 to 25.
>
> 4. Remove some extraneous print statements and
> check-if-data-is-replicated-using-SELECT tests that are technically
> not needed (I had copied those from 001_stream_rep.pl).

Thank you for working on this test set!
I was especially glad to see the skip-tests option for pg_regress. I think
it will become a very handy tool for hackers.

To try the patch I had to resolve a few merge conflicts, see a rebased
version in attachments.

> auth_extra => [ '--create-role', 'repl_role' ]);
This line and the comment above it look like some copy-paste artifacts. Did
I get it right? If so, I suggest removing them.
Other than that, the patch looks good to me.

--
Best regards,
Lubennikova Anastasia

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0001-Test-replay-of-regression-tests.patch text/x-patch 6.3 KB