Re: Adding support for Default partition in partitioning

From: Jeevan Ladhe <jeevan(dot)ladhe(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Beena Emerson <memissemerson(at)gmail(dot)com>, Rajkumar Raghuwanshi <rajkumar(dot)raghuwanshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Rahila Syed <rahilasyed90(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Adding support for Default partition in partitioning
Date: 2017-08-21 11:17:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 3:29 PM, Jeevan Ladhe <jeevan(dot)ladhe(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 7:20 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 8:14 AM, Jeevan Ladhe
>> <jeevan(dot)ladhe(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>> > I have rebased the patches on the latest commit.
>>
>> This needs another rebase.
>

> I have rebased the patch and addressed your and Ashutosh comments on last
> set of patches.
>
> The current set of patches contains 6 patches as below:
>
> 0001:
> Refactoring existing ATExecAttachPartition code so that it can be used for
> default partitioning as well
>
> 0002:
> This patch teaches the partitioning code to handle the NIL returned by
> get_qual_for_list().
> This is needed because a default partition will not have any constraints
> in case
> it is the only partition of its parent.
>
> 0003:
> Support for default partition with the restriction of preventing addition
> of any
> new partition after default partition. This is a merge of 0003 and 0004 in
> V24 series.
>
> 0004:
> Extend default partitioning support to allow addition of new partitions
> after
> default partition is created/attached. This patch is a merge of patches
> 0005 and 0006 in V24 series to simplify the review process. The
> commit message has more details regarding what all is included.
>
> 0005:
> This patch introduces code to check if the scanning of default partition
> child
> can be skipped if it's constraints are proven.
>
> 0006:
> Documentation.

After patch 0001 in above series got committed[1], I have rebased the
patches.

The attached set of patches now looks like below:

0001:

[...]

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BTgmoYp-QePjTGEC6W%2BRfuh%3DTMZ4Hj8t2fX2o8cbhto6zS9DA%40mail.gmail.com

Regards,
Jeevan Ladhe

Attachment Content-Type Size
default_partition_V25_rebase.tar application/x-tar 110.0 KB