Re: WIP Incremental JSON Parser

From: Jacob Champion <jacob(dot)champion(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WIP Incremental JSON Parser
Date: 2024-02-22 20:29:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 1:38 AM Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
> Patch 5 in this series fixes those issues and
> adjusts most of the tests to add some trailing junk to the pieces of
> json, so we can be sure that this is done right.

This fixes the test failure for me, thanks! I've attached my current
mesonification diff, which just adds test_json_parser to the suite. It
relies on the PATH that's set up, which appears to include the build
directory for both VPATH builds and Meson.

Are there plans to fill out the test suite more? Since we should be
able to control all the initial conditions, it'd be good to get fairly
comprehensive coverage of the new code.

As an aside, I find the behavior of need_escapes=false to be
completely counterintuitive. I know the previous code did this, but it
seems like the opposite of "provides unescaped strings" should be
"provides raw strings", not "all strings are now NULL".

--Jacob

Attachment Content-Type Size
meson.diff.txt text/plain 2.6 KB