Re: Asynchronous execution support for Custom Scan

From: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)heterodb(dot)com>
To: Ronan Dunklau <ronan(dot)dunklau(at)aiven(dot)io>
Cc: Kazutaka Onishi <onishi(at)heterodb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Etsuro Fujita <etsuro(dot)fujita(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Asynchronous execution support for Custom Scan
Date: 2022-12-01 23:35:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > IIUC, we already can use ctid in the where clause on the latest
> > PostgreSQL, can't we?
>
> Oh, sorry, I missed the TidRangeScan. My apologies for the noise.

I made the ctidscan extension when we developed CustomScan API
towards v9.5 or v9.6, IIRC. It would make sense just an example of
CustomScan API (e.g, PG-Strom code is too large and complicated
to learn about this API), however, makes no sense from the standpoint
of the functionality.

Best regards,

--
HeteroDB, Inc / The PG-Strom Project
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)heterodb(dot)com>